Friday 15 March 2013

How Do You Die?

"Life is just borrowed Time." - Grey's Anatomy

How Do You Die?
By: Akhilesh Agarwal

If ever presented with a choice, a slow but pain- 
filled or a quick end to the end of my mortal self 
I'd choose the slow because with quickest nothing i would gain 
Nor sorrow, nor pain, nor Time but just a hollow myself- 
devoid of love and soul. and what shall i not say if i could
I'd be grateful to them and leave them with last lines 
And make those confessions that in my life i never would-
have had the courage to. Clear my message, not of symbols and signs 
For clearly evident is my death and on my neck are his fangs 
Digging deeper and deeper, choking my voice and tears white 
There is nothing like tragedy, love in these heavy moments hangs 
You feel such gratefulness, hatred released unto the night 
And time takes me with him in some distant past 
My little traces of life, fading fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment