Thursday 9 July 2015

Silence

'When I am pipe and slippers and rocking chair, singing dreadful songs about summer.' ~ Arctic Monkeys, Love Is A Laserquest
Silence
By: Akhilesh Agarwal

I know how silence works
I have known it since forever
Since I have been in my mother’s womb and didn’t kick
Her womb was a gift that I couldn’t dare disturb
So I slept silent, I couldn’t know my mother didn’t

I know how silence breeds
Like a cacophony in a jungle, like panic in a crowd
I know it because I have seen it happen while I lay silent
Silence is not always a calm breeze but a tomb
Bury all the things that you wish had lived

I know how silence ends
It ends like a cut to the jugular; it ends like a moan to skies
It ends like a dying wish, like a hopeless overture
It ends like both feet off the cliff, it ends like me
Hush, I know how silence kills.

No comments:

Post a Comment