Tuesday 14 July 2015

From One To Seven

"Most things will be okay eventually, but not everything will be. Sometimes you’ll put up a good fight and lose. Sometimes you’ll hold on really hard and realize there is no choice but to let go. Acceptance is a small, quiet room.” ~Cheryl Strayed, Tiny Beautiful Things
or
“I don’t know where I end and the world begins. My best guess? Skin. It’s the only actual boundary between the body and the world, between a body and any other body.” ~Richard Siken


From One To Seven
By: Akhilesh Agarwal

I am always falling into deeper recesses of my mind
Seven in total,
Eight if you count my skull
I don’t
Seven in total then, the recesses of my mind
In each I don’t have something
Rather than have something
In each I am holding your skin
In each I know the reason why
             
             One, There is greed
to sell your skin for bones
to carve myself a house much better than your body

             Two, There is lust
to unravel your skin like a secret
and bathe myself in its glory, in its blood, in its lies.
             
            Three, There is anger
to tear it in swatches, to tear it in stars
to tear it so many times that I am brought alive

            Four, There is nothing but your skin and reason

            Five, There is nothing
            
            Six, There is faith
to be kept, and skin to be explored
if your skin was a jungle, could I be the riffle exploding through
             
             Seven,
             Seven times I have told you this before
             And you still haven’t come to know
             My skin is your skin
             My reason is we are quiet.

2 comments: