Sunday 17 November 2013

Too Much of Talk

I wrote this poem in January'13. It was my tenth grade. I had to decide my career and I was terribly confused. I was so interested in learning everything. Be it Literature or Psychology or Medicine or Physics and unluckily, I just couldn't choose it all. I had to decide and I had to decide fast. I narrowed it down: To be a Writer or a Doctor? And then I decided I shall be both: A saviour through words, a saviour through pills. So, now I am preparing for my Medical Entrance Exams and penning my thoughts. Happy Times!

This poem is basically about me in my search of myself.

Too Much of Talk
By: Akhilesh Agarwal

The man asked me who I was
A simple question, really
I looked at him and through the space
If only I knew surely

He raised his eyebrows high
As I gazed upon the sky
The earth rushes me forward as
The birds try to answer me as they fly

He clicks his tongues and shakes me
Time is of essence, you see
But I can't take a step beyond
Without knowing what lies beneath me

So I decide to stand still
No matter how much other will
And the man shakes his head and leaves me
And finally it is me who I see

No comments:

Post a Comment