Sunday 17 November 2013

Poisoned Lullaby

I wrote this long ago. I wrote this when I even questioned my mere existence. Do I even matter? I still am not sure. But I am sure of this: I will make myself matter. So, the title. Lullaby because these things helped me sleep like lullabies help a child sleep but its poisoned i.e. infected as it's not feel-good one. Sorry for that.

Poisoned Lullaby
By: Akhilesh Agarwal

Hold my hand, lead me down the stairs
Out of my dreams and into the world
It has been days, I long ago died

It has been quite a time since I breathed my last
I was always slow and world ever too fast
Would you lie on my sorrows and pump my heart
And glue my shattered pieces after I am apart?

I am as close to Hell as close I am to Heaven
Golden stairs made of steel, here I am
Would you give me a reason to live another night?
To think of sin, am I not right?
Well, who is to decide when He isn't even there?
Well, why to be if it will all eventually end?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts Akku really!! Questioning something that's so hard to find, almost impossible! But we all have to live with it! And btw I somehow believe your poem gave me a moment of peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What more could I ask for? :') Though I do hope that you find a life full of peace and not just a moment of peace.

      Delete