Monday 10 August 2015

A Thousand Crows

‘Sorry about the blood in your mouth. I wish it was mine.’ ~Richard Siken, Crush

A Thousand Crows
By: Akhilesh Agarwal

Imagine a thousand crows coming at you with a vengeance
               Imagine your lover’s lips sewn shut, the needle belongs to you
Imagine a bridge, the water beneath red, the sky above red
               Imagine a sword in a movie coming out of the screen and cutting you open

These are all the things I imagined when I looked at your fingers
               Hooking themselves in his neck, I hate the term lovers
Makes it sound like sex, makes it sound like a blasphemy
               Makes it sound like everything I don’t want the two of you to be

Throw open a window, we have to look at the sky again
               If fates are written in stars, I wonder if mine is dead
I have come to realize this, faith is like a crow
               Imagine it to be anything but black as sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment