Monday 29 December 2014

Skin Deep

'The only heaven I will be sent to is when I am alone with you.' ~Take Me To Church, Hozier
Skin Deep
By: Akhilesh Agarwal

I was not an irony when I said touch me
When I looked at you, you know me
It was reality when I yearned for your touch
Instead of being haphephobic

I interlock my arms into a shape
I think would fit around your waist
You don’t dare, you say
I say touch me

I am a stripped sky
Let your fingers trace all the clouds
Let the sparks form the stars
I could hold your lush within me
My back has a valley and face plateaus
These freckles are your directions
Reach deeper than I allow
And take all my parts to keep
When you, someday, touch me.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one.. And great sense of music man..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Durva! Where the hell have you been? It is so great to hear from you. And thank you so much. :D

    ReplyDelete