Wednesday 7 May 2014

Gravity

Everybody needs a place. It shouldn't be inside of someone else. ~Richard Siken
Gravity
By: Akhilesh Agarwal

The whole world has fallen asleep
Like a tired sack dissolving in ground’s feet
The dogs have hung up their coats
And stopped barking for silence to come home
The ocean rests its tired arms
Under the glow of moonlight that has to go
But I stay up reading the letters I wrote
To you, who has gone beyond a postal code.

I have found my gravity in memories
Embodiment of nostalgia, or is it something more?
Should I move ahead to the void that stretches far beneath
Or fall back to the cushion of a time that hollows back ago?
I do not know.
I could ask you, send you danger flares of red
Does heaven provide a benefit of one rescue operation?
Because the problem is that the world has fallen asleep
And I have no ground to dissolve into.

No comments:

Post a Comment